Monday, December 7, 2009

A new friend

We attended Kaden Fife's memorial services on Saturday. He was born at 24 weeks in June and survived for almost 6 months. How sweet it was to be there to hear Rusty and Jacquies testimonies and memories of their son.
His aunt Lari is a really good friend, and Kaden is her nephew. Lari too lost Olivia about 5 years ago. She was the first person I called when we found out about Kyndal. I knew she knew how I was feeling, and didnt want my mom to be there by herself. Im sure lots of emotions were brought back to her too.. attending two infant funerals in the last month and a half.
We went to the viewing Friday night, and it was difficult seeing him in that casket. It brought back lots of fresh feelings. I just touched his hands and straightened out his little outfit. Kyndal has a new friend in heaven along with Olivia too. I saw Lari hugging her mom during the service, and I missed my mom. How I wish she lived closer. I am grateful I have friends to rely on, cry to and do girly things together.
How happy I feel because of the gospel. I know Kyndal is being taken care of by a loving Heavenly Father. I bore my testimony at church yesterday and felt so strongly that I had to. So much has been given to us, service, prayers love.. that I would of felt bad if I didnt get up there and express that to others.
We set up our Christmas tree yesterday. It's great to see all of the decorations and the difference in the scenery for a while. We have Kyndal's stocking ready to be filled with acts of service that we or others do for eachother. If you want to add to her stocking .. type or email me a message and we will open and read those acts of service on Christmas Eve.
Camden is waking up every day asking if we are gonna serve someone today. Its cute and I am glad that he is thinking about it. We made Blades breakfast yesterday, and the kids helped. They thought it was so fun.. to suprise dad.. Case shared his fruit snacks with Camden. These are just a few of the things that we are adding to the stocking. We hope her stocking is overflowed with service moments.

3 comments:

  1. how sweet!!! i love that the kids are excited about serving! and I LOVED your testimony and cried through the whole thing! going to funerals are always hard once youve been in those shoes - they always bring back your own memories of saying goodbye but it is so important and feels so right to mourn with those that mourn. Im glad you able to be there for Kaden's family.. and that Kyndal has another friend in heaven. (AND I wish your mom lived closer too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a big long comment and it dissapeared in to thin air.

    I am proud of you and thankful for you and your strength, wisdom and testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am touched by your post. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete