Monday, November 2, 2009

New blog on the block

I have been thinking for a few days now about whether or not to do a blog for Kyndal, and here it is. I wanted to be able to write about my feelings and the everyday ups and downs. I had to come up with a clever title for the first post.... so heres the new blog on the block.
I am one of those people who like to peek on other peoples "sad" blogs, cry and then go on with my day.. I am now one of those "sad" blogs...
Today.. Blades and I cleaned up the house. The kids were even willing to help. ( an extra bonus)
I had 2 packs of diapers that I had taken out of the package a few weeks before Kyndal's approaching due date, and had them in my room in a brown leather basket.. ready for her little bum to fill them. They looked so small, and couldnt believe that she would be that little.
Today, I placed those diapers away, and I cried.
I knew this day would be hard to start putting Kyndal's baby things away..
The swing, bassinet, and car seat all were ready for her. I was worried when I came home from the hospital, that seeing those things in my room would be awful to see. It was the opposite. I loved seeing that car seat, a brand new custom ordered pink and brown just for her. The pink blanket that covered the bassinet, the flower covered boppy.. It will take time to put her clothes away, and I am in no rush..
Now in place of the basinet is the handmade fluffy pink, purple and brown rug that my mom made for Kyndal's room.
( For months, my mom and Aunt worked night after night on this beautiful rug. When my mom arrived a few days before Kyndals delivery it was the first thing she got out of her suitcase to show me. I loved it. We all put our feet on it because it was so soft.. All the material is fleece and they cut 2 inch squares, folded them into triangles, and made this beautiful rug..)
It now sits in our room and we will kneel around it for family prayer every night... a reminder of Kyndal. Camden makes sure that every prayer we remember to bless Kyndal. He is very sweet, and it makes us happy that he remembers her too.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little tribute to your sweet baby girl. A great way to express you feelings and record whats on your mind. What a precious little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this blog Cori. I'll have to admit, this first post did indeed make me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cori.... half the time I wish I knew something to say to you to let you know how often you are on my mind and in my prayers. I know that you must be such a special woman to have a real angel in your home and in your family. What a great way to pay tribute to your BEAUTIFUL little girl.
    If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. We are just around the corner. :)
    My prayers continue to be with you.... Much LOVE ~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming over and visiting with me this evening. I meant so much to me.

    I love the idea of having a beautiful rug to kneel on as a family that is so special and perfect. I am amazed at your strength to do the hard things. You and Blades are such wonderful people. Thank you for all that you have done for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is such a great idea. You are often in my thoughts and I wish there was more I could do. Anytime you need a soda or a treat I am just a phone call away!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog. I LOVE the idea of your rug! What a great way to keep kyndal involved in your family routines, and especially in your boys' hearts. I hope you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your idea that doing this blog will be a great way for you to not only express the feelings of your heart, but also share some of the tender mercies and experiences you have as you are on this journey. I'm sure I'm one of many who wish this journey wasn't one you were having to bear, but please know that many thoughts and prayers are being sent your way daily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good idea! I have had a hard time wanting to update our blog since posting Adriana's stuff on it, because it seems wrong and hard to do to move forward with blogging and not have her in it. I think I will make her her own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cori... I am so sorry to hear about this. It makes me cry to read about your beautiful little girl and know how hard this must be for you. I think this blog is a wonderful idea. You are such an amazing person! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete