Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A quick visit.. a sweet boy.. make that three sweet boys

Blades and I had some errands to run, and picked up the photo CD with Kyndals pictures on them. We can't get our computer to open it, but can't wait to see them. They were done by a company called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. They are all volunteer professional photographers that came to the hospital to take pictures of Kyndal. The ones that are on here so far are from her. The first time she emailed me some pictures, we sat and cried. They are perfect.. She looks like an angel. We all were so happy at the way they turned out. We will be able to treasure those forever. If you feel wierd about looking at pictures of Kyndal.. sorry.. but it helps to see her. Those are the only pictures we have of her.. ones of her not living.. Believe me.. I would think it is wierd that people have pictures of thier dead babies on blogs too.. but now is a different story.
After picking up the CD, we were really close to the cemetary, so thought we would stop in to visit before picking up the boys from the babysitter. The grass is starting to grow and look more even over her. The little temporary marker is there with her name on it and date of death. About a week or so ago, we took the kids there. They werent so quiet and a little on the loud side, but they had picked out a dolly and a teddybear to leave at her graveside. As we went today, the teddybear had looked all wet from the sprinklers. I wanted it off of there. I fluffed it up, and held it for a minute. As we were looking at the other markers in the baby garden.. I noticed one close to Kyndals who's birthday was today. I mentioned to Blades.. hey its her birthday.. I went and put that pink teddy bear for that baby. Blades said.. Kyndal would of shared.. I felt good about thinking of another family who maybe didnt have time to get to her grave today.
As we had family prayer tonight.. Camden was kind of sad at the end and was crying. Blades asked him what was wrong? He said " I miss Kyndal a little bit". I could see Blades tear up as he hugged our son who is also missing his sister. Even Case when he sees my necklace that has Kyndals name on it.. knows thats baby.. How grateful I am to have these three sweet boys in my house.. although I was really looking forward to having some pink in this house of blue.. Kyndal is near us and I am happy tonight. She is just as much a part of our family even though she is in heaven and can't wear all this pink that is hanging in her closet and folded in her drawers. What comfort this brings even though there are still tears, and it still is very hard to realize she will not be part of our family on earth. I have already seen the change that has happened in our family. Our priorities and perspective are different. We are relying on eachother more and communicating about how we feel. I feel closer to Heavenly Father and need him to get through this too. Kyndal is with Him and is happy tonight too I am sure!!!

5 comments:

  1. So Sweet.. I never commented on your last post, but Im so glad you are doing this blog. I wish blogging was a part of my life at the time Landon passed away, It would have been nice to have a record of our true feelings during that time.
    The counselor reminded me (a-ha moment for me)that this trail is not only mine, but my children were also prepared/and made strong enough for the trial of losing their dad, the same is true for your boys. They will have many life lessons and tender mercies because they have an angel sister. As a family you will learn and grow and help strengthen each other because of Kyndal.
    I love seeing pictures of her - I remember feeling her sweet spirit in the hospital and looking at those pictures I can see that same beautiful spirit I felt before. She is a beautiful baby.
    How sweet of you to share her teddy bear.. Im sure shes proud of you for doing it for her!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tradition of saying family prayer around the rug is wonderful. For us, starting new traditions in memory of Kai was very healing, especially ones that are linked to our spiritual growth. Every Sunday we go to Kai's gravesite and read our scriptures and have a family prayer. It helps us to have that spiritual touchstone to remind us of Kai and work on preparing ourselves to be worthy to be with him again someday. We love you guys. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought it was weird that you have pictures of Kyndal on your blog. She is your angel, your daughter. You will always have a little pink in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cori,

    I just wanted you to know how grateful I am to you and your family. I am glad that you are being open and keeping a blog. I think it is a greatway to let go of some of your thoughts and feelings about your little girl. I love reading your thoughts and feelings. We need to get together very soon and just talk about our babies! I will call you and set up a time or something! Okay! I love Kyndals garden it is the perfect place. Cori I can testify that she is with you and you family everyday! I have a story I want to share with you sometime about what happened to me while shopping for Kyndals baby shower gifts. I will tell you about it later.

    Thinking about you daily and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to honor your daughter. She will always be your angel. I felt horrible I couldn't come to her funeral. You have been in my thoughts often.

    ReplyDelete