Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saying Hello and Goodbye.. all at the same time

So, I have to admit I was stalking another blog and was listening to this same song.. It was so perfect that I had to make this blog have music on it just so all of you could hear it too.. Blades and I both agree that whoever wrote this song had to have had the same situation as Kyndal.. a stillborn child...

Never would I have imagined ever being classified or put into this group of parents who have also lost children. A moment changed our lives, and I can't imagine not going through this. Ya, it'd be easier not to be dealt these cards.. but we are playing them anyway.. not that we have a choice really.. Well we do have a choice. We can choose to take this event and have it change us for the good or bad. We could ask all kinds of questions.. but we have never asked "why"??
We believe that Kyndal and Heavenly Father had this in their "cards".. It was supposed to be this way. If I would of gone any longer being pregnant, who knows what would of happened. ( maybe nothing) We do know that during surgery my uteran wall was so thin, the Dr. could see her hair through it. Maybe one more week it could of ruptured at home, killing both of us. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father and a baby Kyndal who saved my life so I can raise my little boys, and still be a wife to Blades. Yes I wish I had her in my arms, and could lather her up with baby lotion ( I love that smell.. I've been using it on my boys instead), but I can't imagine not recieving the blessings and experiences we have had since Kyndal's death. It has been life changing. It has given us a broader perspective on life after death. The big things matter now. Family, church, a relationship with Heavenly Father, temples, Priesthood, prayer. They were all important before.. now they are just way more important to us. Blades and I were able to attend the temple twice last week and when we helped with sealings ( when families are promised to be together forever by priesthood authority.... the sealer said these particular names of people had been waiting for over 600 years to be sealed.. I felt so strongly that Kyndal might of been there with them.. looking down on us and saying.. hey thats my mom and dad down there helping your family become eternal... I hope she even had a little party for them.. Her mom loves to throw parties.. so I hope she had some party for them.....silly i know..)
Yes, we still are normal and yell at our kids and I still watch Oprah and Grey's Anatomy.. but how quickly and often are we reminded of this little baby. I often look at her pictures. It gives me great joy to know we held, loved, kissed and adore her. The tears come and go. As I type this they are here.
Guilt often comes when we don't cry. Why don't we feel worse? The only thing we can come up with is knowing that she is happy and taken care of. Prayers from others, the Spirit.. are all helping so much.
When we are spending eternity with our family.. this will seem like a small page in our book compared to all the time we will be able to be together. That's what gets us through.
Friends and family have been amazing. I cannot begin to tell you how many friends came to the hospital and how wonderful it was for them to be able to hold her. We all felt the Spirit, peace and love for Kyndal. Everyone that visited and held her would rock her. I guess it is instinctive, but we would talk to her too. There was a bassinet in the room, and she didn't get set down at all. I needed help getting out of the shower and I asked my mom to come and help, cause Blades was out of the room, and she said she would but didnt want to set Kyndal down and leave her alone. I thought that was so sweet. Here she sits.. just her body.. and Grandma didnt want her to be left alone.
We have never felt so loved before. Both of us have wonderful friends, a wonderful ward and an amazing family. We could not get through this without all of you and I just want to say Thank You for all you have done for our family. I know you all were praying for us and that helped more than you can imagine. Everything for the services, planning preparing, flight schedules, traveling all were perfect with no problems. What a comfort and burden eased not having to worry about the little things.
I got to go to lunch with Crystal this week and we shared our thoughts and feelings about our sweet babies. She lost her baby Sage in March.. you can read her blog.. theres a link off of mine.. What a great friendship I am sure we will have. We have shared many sweet experiences with eachother. She visited me in the hospital and I asked her if she would put Kyndal's /my blessing dress in a shadow box for me. It turned out beautiful and I was glad she did that for me.
This post is random not any order to my thoughts, but wanted to post something. We are spending time in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing family and friends that we havent seen since a few weeks before Kyndal's delivery. I am sure it will be a whirlwind of emotions as we look through pictures, retell all the stories and hug those dearest to us.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.. we have much to be thankful for this year. We love your comments and check on them often. It's wonderful to hear what you think.. so don't be a stalker... leave a comment atleast.. ha ha

6 comments:

  1. Cori and Blades,
    You both amaze me. You are a perfect example of sweet tender love. I thank you for that. It is so needed in this world. Kyndal is and will always be a beautiful baby girl who has taught so many people of what is important. Having this blog is awesome for you to come and express your thoughts as you grieve. I know you are feeling so many different emotions. We all care so much. We may not always ask how you are doing. I know down deep this grief is hard. I love you family and have grown to love you more and more. You are a dear friend.
    please call on me when you need anything. If you need a icecream getaway I'm the one to call.
    You have so many friends, we all care. Thanks you for sharing your thoughts.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cori,

    I stand truly amazed by your strength and faith. Thank you for going on a "DATE" with me! I had so much fun and was thankful to get out and enjoy your company. The song is perfect for Kyndal and your family.
    I too miss the baby lotion...It is funny how you miss the little things like lotion.
    I hate grief I know no one likes it but I feel like I am on a fast moving roller coaster one minute crying, laughing, hoping, praying, angry, faithful, and every other emotion one could have! They come and go and come back again at weird moments. I do not think the hurt, pain, or yearning ever goes away...I think you just learn how to handle those emotions when they come.
    I too watch Grey's, paint, garden, and do the things I like to do. My talents have helped me get through. It is easy to just want to find the nearest dark place and crawl into it...bed, closet and your mind has dark places. I try to stay in the light and stay from the dark places and dark thoughts.
    The things that were big are no longer big and the things that are most important are even more important. Everything else is just clutter and stuff!
    Love you,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your last post was like reading a narration of my thoughts. It helps to know other people experience the same roller coaster of emotions.
    A couple of saturdays ago I went to a stake relief society program and started crying almost as soon as it began. I have found when the spirit is especially strong I am most emotional. I spent the next hour and half in and out of the bathroom trying to gain some morsel of composure. I would pull it together just in time to go out into the hall and see someone I knew that could tell I was struggling and they would offer some kind word that would just turn me to jello again.
    It was so frustrating to not be able to get control of my emotions. It was probably the worst day I've had since the week of the funeral.
    Later I got an email from our Stake President, he was one of the people that I saw in the hall, he said "We all expect to see a tear or two from you now and again. There is neither shame nor embarrassment in sorrowful weeping." Somehow that was just what I needed to hear. I know the plan of salvation. I think somehow in my mind I felt that should exempt me from being too sad but it doesn't. We all need to mourn. It is right and it is necessary. So this book long post is more for me than you but it's still nice to say it to someone who can understand. Thanks for listening.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a blog stalker too! I come and read everyones experiences and then feel so guilty for only having 2 miscarriages and never having to go through with seeing my baby without life. This is how I know God choses who he knows can handle these experiences. People like you and Crystal. I know I might go crazy if this happened to me and your strength is inspiring on a whole nother level. You and Blades have been in my prayers since the day I heard about Kyndal being stillborn. I enjoy your blog and reading about your family. Have a happy Thanksgiving. BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you don't know me. I came across your family blog on my sister Laurel's blog. I saw the photo of your beautiful baby at the top, and surprised by the caption, clicked through. Your strength has really touched me. Your sweet family will be in my prayers. I really don't have anything profound to say and normally wouldn't comment but wanted to tell you that your story, your faith and your sweet baby have truly touched my heart in a time when I've been... not what I should be. Thank you for sharing your testimony of eternal families. God bless you and grant you continued peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you googled us... :) I started randomly skimming your blog posts and caught on quickly that you are LDS. I don't know how much you read of my blog, but in case you didn't already gather, we are too.

    I loved reading the part in this post about you guys going to the temple. My husband and I went to the temple a few days ago, one week after Brigham died and we did sealings too.

    I told him later, I was sad we didn't get to do any "son" sealings (there weren't enough men in our "session"), but maybe it was a good thing. It might have made me bust out crying and scared the poor elderly sealer :)

    I'll look for Kyndal the next time we're at the cemetery. Maybe we should "run into each other" there on purpose. I have a sudden desire to meet you and your family.

    I promise I'm not crazy either ;) Email me if you don't think that's too weird! righteouscello05@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete